BMW R1200GSA vs Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Thursday 19 April 2012

It's all starting to come together.

19/4/12

Since we managed to line up a bike things have been moving a little more quickly. Bookings for the family holiday at the start of our trip have been made; The Wizard of OZ, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, The Apple cart Festival, Blink 182, The Harry Potter Studio Tour, Disneyland Paris, and Moulin Rouge have been booked and locked in. Most importantly, I've managed to get ferry tickets to and from the Isle of Man for my bike and I so we I can go and watch the Senior TT. That's one big tick for the bucket list.




You can check out the Isle of Man page here: http://www.iomtt.com/


On the family front we've had a meeting with the lovely Agnes from the Red Cross Tracing and Immigration Detention section. This department focuses on reuniting families separated by war and given dad’s background they are taking on the case. Agnes is really on the ball and has contacted me three times in the last few days chasing more information. Apparently the Ukrainian Red Cross have a high success rate of finding family members in this sort of situation, so fingers crossed. I have a good feeling about this. Hopefully in October my sister Lily and I will be sharing Vodka with our as yet unknown cousins in Poltava Ukraine. Who knows, if dad was a bit naughty in his younger days I might even have a brother or sister I don’t know about. Stranger things have happened.

Only 34 days until we fly out of Perth and lots more to organise. I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment