BMW R1200GSA vs Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Prepare the Lear Jet, we're going to Monte Carlo, Monaco.

7/9/12

We awoke this morning and found our little boat tied up in Monte Carlo. I scratched my head and wondered what to do. Suzanne had decided to stay in bed, and the rest of the crew had gone on an organised shore excursion. 


Now let me explain how this all works. I looked at the shore excursions before we left home and paid particular interest to the Barcelona one. This was my fourth visit to Barcelona so I know my way around and know how much things cost. The shore excursion was about $150 per person, including some tapas, a glass of wine, and a Flamenco show. I knew we could do this and more with a taxi for about $50 each. Nett saving - $600! I guessed that it would be much the same everywhere else. (As it turned out I was spot on.) So I didn't book any shore excursions except in Tunisia where I thought it would be safer to travel with a large group. That turned out to be a good call as well.


I looked ashore, then looked at the aft swimming pool, the sunshine, the food, and the bar and decided to spend the day on board the boat. I was also thinking that we will come back through here on the bike later on and have a good look around then. So my day was very relaxing.


Here are a few pics I snapped while on deck:



Check out the cool boat and the colour of that water!

Some nice toys in the harbour.

My vantage point for Monte Carlo and more toys.

The crew came back on board early afternoon and joined me around the pool for a few pre dinner drinks.

That night was out first formal evening for dinner, so the boys suited up and the girls dragged out their glad rags. It was a lot of fun and we dined in the Vista Dining Room where the food was exceptional.

I reckon we scrub up OK for a couple of oldies.

Tomorrow we will be in Barcelona, on of my favourite places. We actually spend a night here which gives us two days, so we'll be able to squeeze a lot in. 

Mmmmmmmmm, Tapas.

No comments:

Post a Comment