BMW R1200GSA vs Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Madrid, and another rest day.

14/1/13

Well our ride in the snow did the trick, or was it the woman at Penguinos that sneezed on everyone that was the culprit? I'm betting the sneezer.

We both woke up with headaches, sore throats, stuffy heads, runny noses, and so on today. This is the third time we've been sick on the trip. That's more times than I get sick in a decade at home! Blah!


So today just consisted of drinking lots of water, lots of rest in the hotel room, and a bit of sleep as well. I ventured out to pick up some McDonald's for lunch. I had a little walk around and peered in some shop windows but that was the sum of my Madrid experience today. At least we have a nice hotel room to be sick in, so it's not all bad.


Let's hope tomorrow is better.


Just for entertainment, here are a few more Pinguino photos...


 OK, I could cope with a GS with a side car. In fact, I'd like one. But why put big, fat, road tyres on it?

 Surprised Pinguino.

 Carlos: "So you want to paint me like a penguin?"
Suzanne: "I don't want to, I'm going to!"

 An old Guzzi Falcone still on the road.

Night settles on the camp. Did I say settles? No way it was party time 24 / 7 while we were there.



No comments:

Post a Comment