BMW R1200GSA vs Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Barcelona, home of Tapas, Sangria, and Flamenco dancers. I love it.

8/9/12

We woke up this morning and we were in sunny Barcelona, one of my favourite places. Yahoo!


The gang of six grabbed a taxi into town and hit Las Ramblas and the tourist / shopping area and followed this up with a tourist bus ride around town. I've never done one of these before, but it was really good. You get a pre recorded audio commentary and can jump on and off whenever and wherever you like. It's very informative and bloody good value.




PHOTO REMOVED BY THE MYKOLAJENKO FAMILY CENSORSHIP BOARD
(MY WIFE AND SISTER)
: )




My sister Lil sprung doing a little skimpy lingerie shopping.
Not really the thing you want to see your sister doing.



PHOTO CHANGED BY THE MYKOLAJENKO FAMILY CENSORSHIP BOARD
(MY WIFE AND SISTER)
: )




Lil hamming it up at the Salvador Dali museum.


Ron hamming it up at the Salvador Dali museum.

She is sooooo going to be unhappy with me when she sees I've posted these two photos. I'm Sorry Sis. No, I'm not really. (I was right.)

The architecture in Barcelona is beautiful, even before you look at Gaudi's work. Here are a few examples:







Again, they just do fountains and statues so well in Europe. Some just take your breath away.






After our bus trip it was back down Las Ramblas and into the Flamenco Lounge where we enjoyed a Sangria while watching a little Flamenco.



This was after the show. I worked up a sweat just watching them. Boy are they fit.

After our Flamenco excursion someone suggested that it can't be far back to the ship and that we should possibly walk. So off we went. 

We found Julian Simon's (Spanish Moto 2 racer) merchandise truck on the way back. I really wanted one of those windcheaters, but the truck was locked.

About 45 minutes later, and after crossing a very high, very long bridge, we crawled onto the ship. It's amazing how heavy two bottles of wine can be when you've been carrying them for nearly an hour. 

We'll sleep well tonight before heading back into Barca again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment